Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Irricana Farm Days

I hadn't been to the Annual show at the Irricana truck and tractor museum for a few years and this year there was a painting class that was doing a really cool windmill picture I wanted to do so I thought I should go.  One nephew, Tristan, came with me and the other, Jaret, went with Neil to an auction sale.
(honey demo)

(Joan Deere had a homemade cab)

(funny looking tractor)

(only steam powered roller tractor in the west)

(I really like those coal powered tractors)

(and the oil cooled ones, sure are unique)

(and an old grader out back)


(threshing with horses and stationary combines)

(mini threshing)

(I love this picture cut out of an old disc)

(one of the Ron Carey trucks)

(and another, someone said over 250,000 to sell one restored vehicle)

We got there just in time to miss pancake breakfast and we were starving but of course too early for lunch, so we had popcorn lol.  We looked at a lot of old stuff, pretty cool, saw a honey demonstration, wheel making, a bunch of restored trucks all belonging to the same guy, plus a truck and car show off,  threshing demonstration and then a parade which had everything from minis to drafts, donkeys and even a team of oxen.
(adorable minis)

(creepy circus wagon pulled by Fjords,
 it even had a small pipe organ in it)

(Tristan loved the Mohawk horses)
(my neighbor Austin driving a team of Clydes, he saw me as I took the pic haha)

(the donkeys were so cute!)

(an odd combination for a stagecoach, 
quarter horses in front and Clydes in the back)

(the oxen team, I think they were from down east, Nova Scotia I believe)


(this team isn't doing too well)

(some cool old cars)

(and of course a cowboy statue)

(crowd was pretty big they had different parades all day long)


Then it was painting time and what fun it was and we came out with an actual decent picture!  What a miracle lol I didn't know I could paint.
(took my pic in front of a windmill, even if mine looks like a flower, 
oops I guess the ends are not rounded)

(Tristan's and mine)

(and the whole group of us, kinda cool how they are all the same and yet all different, 
the teacher is the one is the reddish dress)

(our attempts, Jaret's drawing on top, 
my creek with red barn, 
My Mom's birds, and Tristan's Mario cause it wasn't working out)

Was so fun we had to paint for ourselves one day down in the creek, turns out I can't paint that great without instruction but I would do it again for sure.

2 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

What lovely paintings as souveneirs of Irricana Farm Days!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

That is fascinating seeing the variations in the paintings. I've been painting rocks, and I'm not good at it, but it's fun, so I do it. Boy, was I surprised when someone in my rock painting group told me that everyone likes to hunt for my hidden painted rocks, because they like the way I paint. I'm guessing their reaction is more to the fact that I use a lot of bright neon and glittery colors. At least the kids love the bright, shiny rocks. There are a few people who obviously had training in art, and I can't believe they are giving away their painted rocks for free. They look like masterpieces to me.