Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Pregnant Girls

So my nephews are here for the summer and so I made one come with me when i went to pick up Jessie.  It seems so far away, its about 3.5 hours but its hot and blech.  Anyways we got there and it was lunch time so we just wandered around looking at stuff and mostly standing in the shade of the barn cause it was 37*C and boy does he have flies down there.  Anyways he come out and we got Jess after paying and filling in paperwork and chatting for a while.  Then he asked if I was going by Doug's cause he had a mare and colt there.  So we loaded Jess and the mare and the colt was not halter broke yet so we just sorta herded him in.  He took off a few times so we got a panel and he just jumped in no problem but he was a terrible traveler.  But he will get better over time, there was lots of room and he moved around a lot and I think annoyed both mares.  Gerry says he expects to see me and the foal in the futurities in a few years, I said that's the plan but I may not be riding it.
(She looks good, this is when she came home, 
needed a feet trim but otherwise fat as usual)

So off we went and dropped the pair off and then we headed home.  Jess was glad to be home, probly mostly cause there was a lot less flies.  The others just accepted her right back in after Easy had to chase her around a bit to make sure she knew he was boss lol but otherwise pretty boring which is how I like it.  Super excited about this foal!
(after her feet were done figured I might as well ride)

(and see the new gate we built this summer)

Then a week or so later got a call from Carol that Nita was bred, that was a bit more ordeal they bred her and then when went to ultrasound her she was in a silent heat so they injected her and tried again and she caught the second time around.  So shes due later than I wanted but she is bred, I hope its a colt.
(Nita looks good too, fatter than when she went I think even)

So Jess is due June 4th and Nita June 23, be kinda  pain in branding season but that's how it is.  Pretty sure I wont breed next year so we can get earlier again if I like them.   Been trying to think of names for both and I got a few I like but we will see how it goes when they are born.


3 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

Of COURSE you might as well ride - that's like my mantra! haha
Naming is one of my favourite tasks.

Shirley said...

Well mares never foal when they are supposed to, the foals might be closer together on birthdates- or earlier or later! It's a crap shoot!

TeresaA said...

Babies are so exciting.