Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Shasta

So yesterday I went riding and took along Shasta to get some videos of me riding her so I can sell her.    I am having a hard time deciding who to sell.  I like them all.  But I think if I sell Shasta and Disco and Kali I will be okay with that.  Probly OK with selling Jazz too if it happens before I ride her.  But then yesterday riding Shasta I wanted to keep her too.  But she is not at all what I want really being a better arena horse and good for barrels and team roping, neither of which I do.  But just a nice horse.  

I was a little worried she was gonna be silly cause its been a while since she has been rode and I haven't rode her very much, so I tacked her up and took her in the arena and she had to have a look around at everything in there then I lunged her.  She was fine.  So then I got on her and walked  and trotted, lots of circles and she was really good.  Still needs a little work on her stops, but they are not too bad.  She doesn't really like to stand still much but I am sure she would get over that.  She trots like an English horse, feels all floaty.  Was kinda neat, I like seeing how different horses ride.

We never loped but she was pretty sweet the whole time and even though it was only about half and hour, she was pretty sweaty.  Poor girl.  But she still has a lot of winter fur even if it was shedding like crazy too.  In the video it kinda looked like she got clipped up to the dark legs.  Looks weird. 

It was a lot of fun, I was surprised when I got on and I haven't used my ranch saddle in a while and so my stirrups were super long and that was weird feeling.  I sure like them long like that, but I am sure I would lose them if I rode them cutting like that.  It was a fun day, even though I was kinda hesitant to take her I am glad I did. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem! Too many horses and not enough time, but I don't want to sell any of my colts because they have too much potential! Decisions, decisions....

Country Gal said...

Nice Video ! Yes I noticed you post while riding western on her maybe if she has an English gate when she trots maybe change to English maybe she is more suited for it naturally then western ! I used to ride both with my horse ! She is a beauty though ! Have a good day !

Sherry Sikstrom said...

she does seem like a nice mare. Good luck, I am sure video will help with the sale too

Shirley said...

Funny you said that about her trot, it's the first thing I noticed in her video. She'll make someone a nice horse. Hope you get them all sold.

Linda said...

There's nothing wrong with floaty trots.....Sure beats the heck out of Snicks jackhammer special;))

cheyenne jones said...

Looks to me like she would do well at "English", she trots well, and has a nice smooth rhythm about her. I like her!

Paint Girl said...

I was thinking the same thing about her trot. Looks like she would make a good english horse, possibly even doing some dressage! I watch our assistant trainer with our dressage horses at work a lot and just from the bits of video, she looks like she has good movement for that. But I am not a dressage expert so I could possibly not know what I am talking about! Give me western and english (saddleseat) horses and I could critique them all day!
Good luck selling her. She looks like a very nice horse!