Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Riding and Riding

Well its fall. I should remember every year that October is always a busy month but somehow I seem to forget.  We are well into weaning  although I think we are the last this year.  We hauled cows home from the community pasture, I took Razz and she stumbled and fell into some brush part way into the ride and something must have got caught in the cinch/breastcollar area and it rubbed her.  I didn't notice and she come home with a pretty big sore spot. I felt pretty bad for her afterwards.  I kinda was unsure of taking her cause we been working on so much stuff and she really wasn't ready and now I worry I set back with her again.  Well I have all winter I guess.
(up early to be there by 8)

(we found cows)

(got them in mostly)

(Her favorite treat, yard grass)

(my breast collar fix after our stumble it broke. 
 I was surprised it held, guess those saddle strings had a use after all)

Then I helped the neighbors preg check her cows that was a good day, weather was so perfect and cows worked really well.  And we hauled home from the Stettler place and that worked pretty well too, except we hired a guy with a stock trailer to haul some calves and he charged just as much as a liner.  We sure won't be getting him again.  Might as well hire a liner and we won't haul any.
(someone was here and started a fire in one of the good buildings)

(the house up there, not too liveable anymore)

(so I stole a piece of the chimney flue think I may have a spot for it in the garden)

(the coal mine digger is pretty close to the road)

(they built this special giant culvert/tunnel 
so the coal trucks go over top and don't interrupt traffic)

I also had another paint night and we did greyscale paintings,  not sure I love mine but I did get the shapes and colors in, just the details are not right.  She wants me to do another one this week, so hopefully I will feel up to it tomorrow or Friday.

(she musta liked our day as she wanted to hang with me 
instead of the herd that run out to the pasture. 
 This pic reminds me that yes she is orange lol)

And Neil went to one neighbor yesterday and I went to another and both those worked well too, this warm weather is pretty nice.  Was 23*C yesterday.  I took Jess and we gathered and sorted off horseback it worked well.  Then after lunch I wasn't feeling very good and I think I have the flu.  Good thing we don't have to help anyone till Sunday, hope I feel better by then.


3 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I am sure Razz will bounce back! Nice fix on the breast collar lol . I usually carry bits of leather or twine for "in case " fixes " Busy times! hope you are feeling better

Shirley said...

That's the good kind of busy :) Can you just ride Razz without the breast collar?
How's your new filly doing?

Mrs Shoes said...

That falling down building - they are EVERYWHERE here. Half the places look like someone walked away from a farm and never looked back. Oh, and the yards are usually littered with ancient wrecked cars. People around here don't seem to have much pride, it seems.
Hope you're just punk & not down with the flu - the flu is a killer. For real.
We take the flu shots every year - me because I have immune issues, & Mr so he doesn't bring it home to me (also, because I insist he not get sick either). ;-)