Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Equine First Aid

Last Thursday we had our last Therapeutic Riding night and since it was close to halloween we had a dress up and trick or treat night.  I dressed like a unicorn and it was fun, so many cool costumes!
(I did my nails in unicorn colors too)

(Our superhorse Ashley)


(The group with our rider 
who was pouting cause we wanted a smile 
and his dad in too)

(The whole 6:00 group)

Then Friday I loaded up and headed to Saskatoon to Lisa's and she was hosting an Equine First aid course.  It was really cool. Some I had known about but lots of new things as well.  And good practice bandaging again as it has been a long time since I have had an injury here.  Well more than a just a few stitches or a rest/time off injury.
(We were given a bunch of scenarios and we had to deal with them as we thought was best. 
 Poor Lefta had a lot of injuries in one day)

(and we wrapped a donut for an eye injury)

(our other victim, lol)

(The instructor showing a stretch I think)


(A hoof abscess and a mid leg wrap with expansion joint)

(Yay we all graduated )

I tried to take some photos of touristy places but its winter and stuff was closed or hard to get to, except the dump oops I turned too soon, and they have cows in the middle of town :)  Of course its a vet college but still cool.
(the nice hotel room, seemed a bit fancy but I'd sure stay there again)

(Pike Lake....obviously lol)

(they were working up the sand)


(and sign on the highway said point of interest.....not sure what it was)

It was cool meeting Lisa too although we didn't get a lot of time to spend together since its not that far we may try to meet up next summer again.

4 comments:

TeresaA said...

I really want to do an Equine First Aid course. It looks like a lot of fun.

Mrs Shoes said...

That patient horsey looks like a plain old doughnut would've been her preference.

Shirley said...

Cool you got to meet Lisa and her horses :)
That point of interest looks like a gravesite.

Crystal said...

Shirley, I don't think it is a grave marker, I saw others and they have signs on them and the monument is taller, this one must be in repair hence the red sign.