Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Eclipse??

So Sunday night was supposedly and eclipse.  And I checked it out and it said it would be seen above Calgary between 6:04 and 7:14.  I realized we are not in Calgary so I figured a little leeway either side should be good. I went out about 6:15 and nothin was going on, but it was also hazy so kinda hard to see.  But I got a couple pics anyway and got a cloud over it which I thought was the eclipse till it went away and I realized it wasn't dark enough so I looked at the pics and saw it was a cloud.

But while I was out there, I was standing by the horse gate and saw Disco there.  She saw me too, but she  isnt a tattler and just went back to eating after seeing me just standing there not coming in.  She is so pretty, I should be  riding her too.

While Disco was grazing there was this little bird out there right by her nose and Disco kept pushing it away it was real cute and the bird never left.  I wonder if its the ones who eat bugs.

I was trying to get some pics of Jazz without her knowing I was there cause otherwise she is too close, but she wasn't very cooperative, I did get her itching

And then I thought I had been spotted here

But nope, she just kept on grazing, there sure is a lot of grass out there.  And then after a few more sun pics, she definitly did spot me.

And of course starts heading over to me.  Which I am not complaining about, but hard to get pics of.  But on the way she got distracted by Disco needing some scratches.

And a few more shots of clouds over the sun.

And a a far away shot about 7 that definitely has no eclipse, but almost a sundog.

I guess I will have to wait for another eclipse to get better pics.



3 comments:

Country Gal said...

Fantastic photos . Have a good day !

Shirley said...

I didn't even know about the eclipse until the next day; it was all cloudy here. Jazz sure is growing up to be a pretty mare.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Didn't see it at all, though depending on when it was I was so busy I could have been standing in the middle of the yard and failed to notice. Pocket ponies are so hard to get pictures of!