Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Another Clinic

We had another clinic a couple weeks ago it was such a beautiful day and boy did we learn a lot.  Well at least I did.  I'm hoping Razz did too.  We started where we were last time in getting her to give and relax and we did a bit more on the ground and then time to ride.  Char got a bunch of pics of me they are awesome!

(Ugh I need to sit back!)

We worked on more of her getting to be balanced at a trot and eventually a lope but we want solid trot first.  She learns easy at a trot, always has and he says lots do you need forward momentum and many walk just plodding along. 
(Look at the hind leg going right underneath her :) )


We were getting through so much so I just asked a bunch of questions, one was her back up is stiff and I want it softer so we worked on that a bit, I was standing there and he said how hard do you pull and so I picked up my reins and she lifter her front end and was all weight on the back end.  Hes like YES!  THAT!!!  That's what he is looking for when riding and backing.  And she just done it :)  She's so cool.  And expressive, her ears are always on the move when we are doing something, its easy to see when I am asking wrong or weird or she doesn't get it.  But she always tries.

We had our own session in the morning and then after lunch we all rode together, did a few obstacles, jumped walked over a weird camo tarp and the bridge.  Razz did all with ease.  Then he brought out a tarp on a rope and we followed it then he handed it to me and I drug it and they all followed me.  It worked well.  I wasn't too worried about that we have carried a flag before but this was a bit different.  Then he had us lift it up and pretend to use it as a coat.  I'm uncoordinated and it drug over her butt and she didn't care, I've done that before. 


Then we headed out into the field across the road and practiced the same things we did in the arena.  That was cool, Razz was just trotting along minding her own business then I asked her to give and relax and it took a couple asks but she did and was so nice!  She really elevated when I ask a bit its super cool.
(Scott took this one it was so pretty there)

All in all a good clinic.  We were supposed to go again tomorrow but it sounds like cold and rain so we postponed.


3 comments:

TeresaA said...

It sounds like a fun clinic! You guys look terrific.

Mrs Shoes said...

I can see pic #4,5, & 6 as a trio on your wall - blow up #6 huge because your smile is radiant!

Shirley said...

I sure wish I could take some more clinics. Great way to advance and refresh. Razz looks great, nice to see you getting out and having fun with her.