Well I have been absent from blogger for a couple days cause I didn't want to spoil what might not have been. On Saturday I seen an ad for this little horse and for some reason I really liked her. I knew I didn't need anymore horses (especially projects) but I messaged her anyways and then I thought about it a bit and phoned her later. We decided Tuesday I would go down to her place and take Bailey and Shasta and we would decide there if we wanted to trade. I was pretty excited, it was really hard not to say anything, but then she saw the video of Shasta and loved her, so I left Bailey at home and just brought Shasta down.
I got there after a few missed turns, Shasta probly thought we were crazy driving right through the city, but she was good anyways. We had a hard time catching Magic, even though I was told she is a little hard to catch but never been this bad. But the wind was blowing and I was a stranger and there were other people working with a colt in another pen. But we got her and I decided I still wanted her so we made the deal. I am glad it was over Shasta though, cause I am not sure I woulda traded Bailey for her, I like Bailey too much :)
Then on the way home I had a flat tire, grr have I mentioned how much I hate tires??? I was only 8 miles from home so I called Neil to come help. And its a good thing I did cause even though the wheel was right on the ground it kept turning so he brought a bar out to hold it still. I was just exhausted it was a really long day.
But I got her home and settled in the round pen, she needs a few more lessons on halter breaking and being caught before I put her somewhere bigger. She is 4 and is supposed to have had time put on her last summer by a trainer but sounds like she kinda just got left, so I guess I will see how far she is and what she knows. I think she will come around fairly quickly if I am consistent with her. She hasn't had much done with her since last summer, so I can't blame her for not knowing what to do. Today she just walked right up to me in the pen and let me pet her, so its coming along.
I know I need to sell some still and she wont be a seller for a while, but it seemed like a better situation for us both. The girl hasn't had anything to do with unbroke horses and has a little girl so has limited time, and I had no idea what I was gonna do with Shasta either (she jumps and loved her trot, so hopefully I will be able to keep up with how she is doing) so I am hoping it is a better choice in the long run.