Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year

Seems like a lot of people have had a bad 2017, not sure mine was bad, it wasn't great and it didn't go the way I planned but I cant say I hated it and I guess that's all one can hope for.  Many things have changed and I have changed and therefore I am hoping more stuff I want to get done this year does and it will be awesome!

1.  First off 2 new foals how can that not be so fun!  I plan of halter breaking them early of course since its during branding season it may not go as smooth as planned but it will happen eventually.

2.  Cutting.  I have plans to start riding Easy as soon as I can. I kinked my back on Friday so I'm out for week or 2 and still working on finding a place.  Then come April he will go be boarded at the trainers and then if I can't ride at least they will keep him in shape for showing.

3.  Finishing projects at home, I have a huge work in progress list, both of crafts, woodworking and building items I want to get done.  I have made out a list/timeline and gave myself goals for when they are done I think it will work knowing exactly what I need to do.

4.  And of course my other horses, I have goals for pretty much everyone, all listed out, I wont bore you with them here but it starts with getting Rayne started and taking more clinics with Razz to have her calmer and relaxed in groups.  And taking Jax on a group ride/drive.  And probly leasing Pally out after branding season, I have a few places asking about her and so we will see, not like I won't have enough others around lol.  Only one who doesn't have a goal list is Jessie which is weird for the first time ever for her.  Still debating on Nita, whether to breed her back or ride her we will see how the foal is and how she is.

5. Enjoy every moment. So even now as I am laying in bed writing this up I have taught myself to crochet.  So far just a single crochet in a dishcloth but I want to make some log pillows for my window seat so I need to practice.  Times a wasting gotta do something.

2 comments:

4RRanch said...

Those sound like some good and reachable goals. Foals are always fun.

Shirley said...

Time waits for no one! I think writing things down is a big help in actually accomplishing things. Sorry to hear about your back, but at least it isn't while the weather is good.