Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Branding

On Sunday we went to another neighbor branding.  This is always a fun branding.  They live about 4 miles from us, but brand at the corrals where they haul cows all summer, so its about a 45 minute drive from home to there.

The fences there are really really tall, like 7 feet tall.  The guy who used to own it run bucking horses and there was no way they were getting out of those corrals!  Its kinda weird cause they make everyone look super short when they stand by them.

It was supposed to start at 10:30, but it had rained the night before and the road in is kinda just a trail, so they had to stop at the gate and ride in, so they called the rest of the crew and said not to come till noon.

That gave me a little more time to put in more garden and put some weed spray on the lawn.  One day I will have control of the dandylions in the lawn!

The branding went good, I tagged and so never got many pics of the actual branding, just the fun before and afterwards.

Like Whitney leading three kids around on her yellow horse, he's kinda like a taxi, haha.

And like getting family pictures taken, Brent took mine and Neils and I took thiers and a few other couples who would pose for me.

They have this cool old trailer there that they sometimes stay in overnight if doing a lot over there.  The 2005 grad class had thier grad party there and so painted thier names on the end of it.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Looks like it was a good day all around, nicee to see the kids having fun. Hey, I think I guessed again for the foaling contest, but can't remember what it was. How is the mare doing? Any wax yet?

lisa said...

Looks like a great day, I am hoping to be able to someday experience it! In the mean time I will be looking and enjoying my blogging buddies doing it!

Country Gal said...

Looks like a great time ! Have a good day !

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Looks like a great time. And yeah, those fences are TALL! lol!

~Lisa