Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Working at the Fourr Ranch

Last week I was lucky enough to go to get invited to the Fourr Ranch to help them roundup and brand thier calves, and seperate a bunch to sell.

Well before we even got there there was all kinds of drama going on and we were not sure we were even gonna go, but since they were kinda depending on us and the work had to get done, we headed down there anyways. I have to thank LaTonne for inviting me down there, it was a lot of fun and I felt a lot more at home there than driving around the cities.

 The ground was way rockier than we were told so we used thier horses, I got to ride the big grey horse, Half Moon for roundup, he was pretty cool such a good ranch horse, only trouble was he was 16 hands and I had a real hard time getting on him.



A bunch were in the trap so the next day we got to work.  We cut out cows from calves and just worked on the bigger calves.  It seemed to take forever and felt like we were not getting anything done.  But the next day when we got in there we went through the big calves and not very many were left.  I was on the ground and it was so awesome how the ranch owners were willing to teach roping and everything.



A lot of history behind the ranch and even a stone safe spot on the hill where Billy Fourr would send his wife and kids if the Indians came.  The house was also used as a cavalry house, kinda cool all the history behind the place. Would love to go back again one day, even if I have to work.

11 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Great history there, good post and would love to see more.

Louisa Valentina; said...

Cool! Sounds like an awesome time.

Unknown said...

Oh man, that sounds like so much fun!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like a fun day! Too bad about all the drama, but at least everything worked out for you to go.

~Lisa

Country Gal said...

Sounds like a great day . lovely photos ! Great history to ! Thanks for sharing with us . Have a good evening !

Paint Girl said...

Very, very cool! That must have been so exciting for you. I would love to do that!! You lucky girl!!

CDH said...

Very cool pics and history. Blue skies and sunshine! Awesome...

Shirley said...

That's a good thing to do on vacation- my kind of vacation!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

What a great opportunity!

cdncowgirl said...

I'm so jealous! Even though I probably would have been more hindrance than help (I can't rope at all! lol)

Prairie Ridge Performance Horses said...

What an opportunity to work and be involved in a ranch that has that kind of history!!
Good for you, those memories will keep you going for a long time!!