Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Gardening

Well I got my garden all planted except for a few things.  So far there is corn, potatoes, beans, peas, carrots, and radish. I have too many tomato plants but slowly giving them away. hot peppers seedlings, cilantro, basil and lavender to still plant.  The lettuce and radish and garlic and onions are already coming up :)  After the clinic I will plant all the other stuff and hope its never gonna freeze until fall.

(plants sunning on the deck with me)

(onions and garlic in back and lettuce up front)

(radish, I always plant in carrot row but carrots are not up yet)

(I love the garden, probly better than my lawn lol 
trees and grass and the garden bench so perfect)

I went to a basket stuffing last weekend and got all the plants (maybe) for my planters.  I got some purple petunias, gazenias (cause they are drought tolerant lol), lobelia, the colored foliage stuff, and the 2 baskets I filled down there with hanging stuff.  Them and the stuff I ordered through the playschool should about fill up everything.

And I went to the plant sale on Monday at Cessford and I did buy some flowers, red marigolds and some neat euphoria?with colored leaves and white flowers, some purple basil and was given chives and garlic chives which I guess just grow and try and take over.  Which is OK cause I do like the flowers.


And Sunday on our way to Olds, we stopped at L and Ms and traded tomato plants, I had all small ones she had all big ones.  I gave her 4 and she gave me 8 (I didn't want that many lol but she also had too many)  and then she gave me 2 ice cream pails of irises and a pot of lillies.  Then Monday before the plant sale I went up to a neighbors and she had luck rooting pussy willows so I got a bunch of those (her leftovers lol) and I gave her a pail of iris and some tomatoes too.  She tried to give me a kitten too but luckily skipped that one lol.

(way more than I needed I don't even know where to put them all
 but I will plant them cause they probly won't all survive but they are so cool)

(close up, so fuzzy)

My crabapple trees and the ornamental are blooming as well, I sure love them when in flower, and oh the bees!
(I love this tree, hard to believe I shopped so much off last fall)

(got a bee in there)


(buzz)

 I wish more trees up here had flowers on, I sure loved that about California the flowering trees, but I guess that's what happens when you have summer all year round.


3 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I loved my Crabapple Tree at my old house. I miss it. Yours looks just like mine.

4RRanch said...

I have loved pussy willows since I was little but have never gotten one. Sounds like you have had a good time trading and planting. Wonderful that you have so many bees.

Shirley said...

Wow you have a lot of planting done!
Pussy willows will do best where there is a lot of moisture, so if you have a low spot that you can keep fairly wet might be a good spot. But check with Janice on that!
I was wishing the other day for a crabapple tree because I love crabapple jelly, but we have some apple trees on the place that will do; I can make apple butter. Yours are lovely, looks like the pruning was a good idea.