Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Riding and Coffee

Tuesday I took Jessie over to Susan's and we went riding out on the coulees by her house.  It was a good ride, a couple hours and I was not as sore as I figured I would be. But I was also prepared, I made sure I took some advil and put on some muscle rub and it seemed to help.  I used the hackamore on Jessie again and she was fine in it as well, she tried to just pull through my hands one time to get at the grass, but I kinda bumped her nose and she looked like she was surprised I could do something like that she could feel without a bit, and then she was much better afterwards.
 (the wheat was hailed on but it looks like it was patterned)
(the coulee at Susan's is so pretty!)
We went kinda the same route but went a little different (we were visiting more than watching where we were going) and we come to the edge of the coulee and could look down on the coal mine and the train bridge, that was pretty neat.


And the colors are starting to change over there (at home we still have mostly green with a couple yellow) and they look no nice down in the coulees.



Afterwards we let them graze for a while and then I left Jess there in a pen and we headed to town to have coffee with Lu.  I really enjoy having coffee with here since I don't see her very often it is good to catch up again.  I brought down my coconut raisin zucchini loaf and Susan had a peanut butter marshmallow bar.  Before Lu got there Susan made us kinda a pizza on pitas with a chili sauce and ham and cheese and tomatoes.  It was so good warmed up, but we might try it under the broiler next time.


4 comments:

Shirley said...

So pretty there with the fall colours. Sounds like a yummy lunch too.

Louisa Valentina; said...

So gorgeous - love those fall colours surrounding the coulees!! It's amazing, I must say, I think Alberta is the most beautiful province, (little biased though.. haha) looking from my mountain photos, to yours - a total world of difference, but both so amazing.

Louisa Valentina; said...

So gorgeous - love those fall colours surrounding the coulees!! It's amazing, I must say, I think Alberta is the most beautiful province, (little biased though.. haha) looking from my mountain photos, to yours - a total world of difference, but both so amazing.

Country Gal said...

Lovely scenery . Sounds like a good day had by all ! Thanks for sharing it with us . Have a great day !