First I took a piece of #9 wire and tried to make a horse head shape...for me this was the hardest part of the wreath since I am no artist. But I got what looked fairly decent.
Then took smaller clothes hanger type wire and kinda weaved it through to make something to attach the garland too. I copied my pattern on the wood in case I want to make another one sometime.
(I put more wire in that this, it was too far apart)
I finished it and fluffed it up and made the edges a little smother.
Attached the shiny garland for the mane and put in a few pinecones and put the halter on.. Think it turned out pretty good. A little roman nosed, and the whole head could be bigger with a red Halter, but I like him