Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

More Mountain Riding and Getting Home

I took so many pics while we were riding in the mountains, it was so pretty and so different from what I see here that I couldn't help it.  I sure like my gopro for that, no need to carry a camera all the time.  We never saw any wildlife even tho I really wanted to see a bear....not close up but seems everywhere I go there is no bears :(  On the last day I wore Janice's horn bags cause Jazz was a little unsure of them so I even had the bear spray.  If I was more organized Id have brought my own horn bags but had no reason to need them (I thought)

(I love how there's just trails through the trees)

On Wednesday Janice rode Mattie and we went to the same spot as Tuesday but on the other side of the road.  We thought we got a little lost as she thought we could see the 1st butte from everywhere...not so.  But we found our way back.  Its pretty hard to get lost (even for me) you just make a longer loop sometimes.
(We tried not to ride near the power lines but they are just in the way sometimes)

(lots of open fields in this area)

(and some gorgeous views)

Then Thursday she took Jazz again and we went farther away, towards Cranbrook since I was going that way anyways and we actually came across a few cows.  Kinda unexpected but cool.  Jazz had never seen cows and she was worried but she got so she would follow one that was cool.
(a different kind of forest here)

(and lots of obstacles)

(Perfect ground for a barefoot horse)


Then the trip home.  Razz was tired and so was I.  But somehow coming home is always good as much as I love going.  Sure is pretty drive and roads are good but slower through the mountains.
(pretty mountains)

(more mountains unfortunately got a power line right in my view)

(Love the ones without trees on top)

(and pretty windy roads with lakes beside them)

(Looking more like Alberta :))

(and old building I'm guessing sawmill)

(Lumbreck, thanks Shirley)


(Frank Slide)

(Yay prairies coming up )

(and a pretty sunset on the Prairie)

 I made 2 stops on the way home, one for fuel and one in Brooks for groceries and food for me.  Got home just before dark and put Razz away and got her Dee so shes not alone.

5 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Gorgeous area. The summer pictures make me want to move there.

Shirley said...

Those are some nice riding trails. I think your photo that you labelled Frank Slide is actually Lundbreck.
I do miss those prairie sunsets.

Country Gal said...

Beautiful ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Crystal said...

Hmm your right Shirley I will fix it, I know I got a Frank one somewhere gotta find it

4RRanch said...

Sounds like a nice trip. I always love watching the changes in the terrain on trips like that.