Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Friday, March 17, 2017

Waiting, Waiting...

We got our final figure for compensation. It will cover but none too generous.  They have killed 10,000 cattle so far and so I imagine the bills getting rather large.  Really a silly way of doing things but I'm not in charge I guess.  Neil went to a bull sale and bought 2 bulls yesterday and they will stay there until July 1st and hopefully we are off quarantine by then and can bring them home to work, or we will need to talk to these people and find out something else.

Jessie and Easy both got massages Monday from Bridgette, I won 6 free ones and so figured after Easy's leg caught episode he could use one and Jess always has a tight neck.

Jess's neck is from holding her head out when we ride she is used to using the top muscles and not the bottom ones so they are overbuilt.  She did give me an mobility exercise I should use before riding as it turns on the neurons on the lower neck muscles getting her to use it more.  She does the same with her hamstrings, uses them more than her quads, so again another exercise from there.  So I will do them every time I ride and hopefully it makes a difference.

And Easy, he was pretty good, not even anything in his armpit.  But he has a weaker muscle on his outer front leg (I can't remember what its called) and gave me an exercise to do after I ride.  And she said he holds some tension in his back so some belly lifts wouldn't hurt him.
(tried a mustache knot in Easy, did it wrong, need more practice)


She's coming back in 4 weeks to reevaluate and hopefully we will be in better shape than now.
And yesterday the farrier come and Jess got new shoes and Easy a trim.  They are not at home so the rest didn't get done till my guy comes in a week or 2.  The sun is out and the ground is melting, if only I could get rid of this nasty cold I would be out riding.  Cant wait till these 2 are home again, maybe next week :)


5 comments:

Mrs Shoes said...

Did you ever ask them what happens to all that beef Crystal? I'd sure be interested to know - HOPE it is not just being wasted when there are so many hungry people. I was thinking maybe the zoos could feed it - you said the meat is not affected.

4RRanch said...

My husband, who keeps up with all the beef news, has heard noting about 10,000 head being slaughtered in Canada. Seems like that should really show up on the radar down here. But then again, other than facebook, we hear nothing of the massive fires and losses in Kansas, Texas, and Oklahoma. Wish the media would report on some real news. Sorry for your losses.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I know nothing about cattle ranching, but I'm sure this whole process must be difficult for you.

TeresaA said...

Wow- that must be so frustrating about the cattle.

I am looking forward to hearing how the exercises work too. The moustache knot in the tail is a new one for me- what's it for?

Shirley said...

Sorry to hear that you got that nasty cold. It had me out of commission for 3 weeks. I'm gonna try that version of the mud knot.
I'm glad they didn't take your whole herd.