Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Long Weekend

This has been a long weekend.  On Friday I headed up to the Mane Event in Red Deer with Linda from One Old Cowgirl.  We met her daughter and a friend of her daughters there and did a ton of shopping, and met Sherry from Fern Valley Appaloosas, and Cheyenne from Little Prairie Baby. That was really cool! 

I ended up buying a pink camoflauge cooler for Kali, a set of reins and a set of pink fringe gloves I had been eyeing up since last year. 

Then Saturday I headed up to Jardis to ride and take my ponies home for the summer.  I met Charlene there and we rode in the arena, she rode Cutting Dude and I rode Kali.  Afterwards, we loaded up Razz and Ricki and headed to my house.  We went on a ride down to the creek and around.  Then we headed over to an acerage that was for sale and then came home and had supper. 

Charlene stayed over and we went riding through the cows on Sunday morning cause Ricki is a little concerned when cows are around.  He did really good.  He was worried then we just ignored the cows and did some trotting and loping and rollbacks and turnarounds.  Then we headed home and he was in a hurry so we kept making cirles and he relaxed and we went back.  We had lunch then took him back to Jardi's.  I left Razz home.  We got there just in time to load 350 square bales into the loft.  After that, Jardi had made chili and ice cream cake for us and that was really tasty :)

I rode Kali in the arena with Charlene on Cutting Dude and then loaded Kali up and did chores for Jardi and then took Kali home.  She is in my round pen with Razz and she acted like she had been here a hundred times before, so calm.  Pretty nice for a 3 year old :)  I sure am liking her.

8 comments:

Country Gal said...

Sounds like a great time.
Love your photos, Have a great day !

lisa said...

Sounds like a lovely time! I hope to someday be able to meet a few blogger friends myself.

5 Starr's Farm said...

Hi Crystal, How nice to be able to spend the time doing what you enjoy and with good people. Love how open you country side is.......Hope to meet a few blogger friends myself someday......

Sherry Sikstrom said...

you have been a busy girl! All that riding you are getting done! wow! Sure was nice to see you and Linda

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

My! You've been one busy cowgirl...shopping and lots of horse riding, too. Sounds great!
And Kali sounds like a good mare.

~Lisa

Janice Grinyer said...

You had me at pink fringed gloves... ;p!

Rising Rainbow said...

Sounds like a fun time at the Mane Event and meeting bloggers too, what a day that was.

350 bales, my back hurts just thinking about it and that was only part of your day.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That was a very busy and productive weekend.