Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Life on the ranch

Well I am having issues uploading my videos to youtube, it keeps saying it will take 115 minutes to upload a 2 and a half minute video from the show, and I have no patience for that, so I will keep trying and in the meantime post everything else that has been going on around here.


We are calving, actually have been for a while, we have 56 calves on the ground so far, still a lot more to go, but we are getting there.  We lost a few as is always the case (very sad and frustrating though).  But here is a bunch of them.





We had nice weather for a week or so and it really started melting around here which was nice, but it created mud.  And then we got cold again and snowed again so now its just miserable, but today is warm and it is trying to melt again.




And on Sunday afternoon I brought the ponies home from the barn I was boarding at.  Sure had a lot of stuff there and it is not the best here for the ponies cause I can not string out a hose for water for them so they are getting led to the water everyday which is a pain for me.  And not a lot of places I can ride out right now cause there is so much deep snow that its hard to make it on the prairie so I am stuck with the roads.  Which would be fine but a mile down our road is a texas gate so it is not very far till we have to turn around.


I need to go to the farrier this week and get Razz trimmed and Jessie front shoes, and I want to go for another lesson and go to the chiro.  I am undecided if I should go to the ACHA show in 2 weeks (April 20/21) or the unapproved show the weekend after (May 4/5).  I would like to wait the 3 weeks but I would rather the approved show if going for year end awards or something.  Both are in the same place about a 3 1/2 -4 hour drive from here so I would stay overnight, which would be kinda nice cause no travelling but more expensive.  I don't think I can do both cause I will be way to exhausted I think.  They don't have the class list of the May show up yet, but the April show I would show late Sat and early Sun so that would be perfect, then I can get over and leave while its still daytime.

I will still try and upload the videos so I can say how the whole show goes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Crystal,
So the shows you go to, they are cutting horse shows right?
I would love to learn how to do cutting. I hope you can get your videos to load, I would love to see them. I have the same issue with youtube. Frustrating!

Love the little calves!

Country Gal said...

WOW ! still a lot of snow there eh? It is full spring here in Ontario now April rains , thunderstorms, sunshine and warmer temps now ! Oh I do love the calves such sweet faces ! Hope your YouTube works for you ! What ever show you pick I am sure you will be great . Thanks for sharing ! Have a good evening !

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Those calves are so sweet!

Shirley said...

The calves are sure cute, hope you have no more losses with them. That weather sure is frustrating, it's nasty even for Alberta at this time of year. Go away, snow! Hope you go to the Acha show- where is it?