Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Equestrian Challenge Day 7

Day 07- Your favorite ribbon won at a show and why

Well this is a fairly easy question to answer for me, I have only ever won one ribbon and it is still a mystery to me why i won it.  I took Bailey to a small community show a few years ago, she was only 4 and had maybe 6-8 months riding on her.  But we went anyways and I entered her in a couple classes, wasn't sure what but the Junior Western Pleasure was one of them.  Not even sure why I entered that class cause western pleasure is not her (ie slow she does not do, lol)  But out of a class of 8 we got 5th.  The only reason I can figure we got a ribbon is she loped right when I asked (even if we passed everyone like 5 times cause she is so fast) and she backed up with me hardly touching her reins.  Oh and we stopped when asked, not perfect, but pretty nice.  One horse would not lope at all a about 3 horses didn't back up at all.   And I think only one other horse stopped nice.  So I guess it was fair as in riding skill, but not in western pleasure.  And since I wasn't there to win a ribbon, just to get her out, I was pretty excited :)

(not the greatest pic cause she was tired and grouchy cause I wouldn't let her eat grass)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT is a very cool story!

lisa said...

You two make a great team. Nice picture even if she didn't want to have her picture taken.

Country Gal said...

Nice photo ! Our saddle club members all do the same thing and some are very good and some well their horses just don't want to do it lol We don't ride all though I used to, now we take all their photos for them .Papa and I are the clubs photographers. I enjoy being around the horses again and would love to afford one one day and get back into it all ! Have a good day !

Marissa said...

That's so cool! See, communicating well with your horses pays off!

Paint Girl said...

Isn't that cool!! When I rode Fritzy in a schooling show (the only time I showed her) about 6 yrs ago, we were in a western pleasure class that had to be split because it was huge. In the split we made the cut for the final. In the final there was approx. 20 horses and we placed 4th. I was so happy. But they didn't give ribbons past 3rd! Just my luck. I sure miss those show days (of my youth when I showed a lot!!)

4RRanch said...

And you didn't catch the horse show bug after that?

Shirley said...

Those open shows can be fun. Ribbons are just a side bonus.