Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I know I was not gonna plan anything anymore, but its really hard for me, I like plans and lists and so therefore I am gonna make a list of things I want to get done over the year.

First off, the Horse Goals:

1. I want to sell some horses and get down to a reasonable amount that I can actually ride them and not feel like I am ignoring them. I think my horses like to be handled and ridden and I know for sure Bailey wants to go all the time and so does Kali, so I want to be able to have a normal amount.

2. I also want to get Jazz started and get a  nice decent couple months riding on her, inside and out and so if I sell her I know she will have a good chance at a good life.  Same with Disco, I want to get some riding on her and hopefully find someone who will ride her.

3.  I want to do lots of trail riding, I have a used to be neighbor that invited me to ride with him down by Dorothy and I will definitely take him up on that.  And me and Char had planned to go riding in the mountains last summer so I want to make sure we do that this year.  I also have a lot of opportunity to do lots of riding with cows and I want to do that as well.

4.  I want to cut.  I don't have a horse right now that I can cut on but at our last lesson on Saturday, Doug said he could find me a decent horse in the $10,000 range so that I can learn on them and then move up to the expensive horses.  Well I am not in a hurry and so will be pretty careful about what I look at and get help.

Then onto the regular goals:

1.  I want to get fit.  I am not so worried about losing weight so much as getting more fit.  I am working out hopefully 4 times a week and the rest will be full of riding and other stuff.  I am gonna try to eat healthier but it will be really hard cause I love sugar, but I will try.

2.  I want to finish the basement.  I still have to put up the shelves (that are not made yet) and finish the cupboards and varathane or stain it all. 

3.  I want to do some woodwork this winter.  I have been not doing much of it cause I was too busy riding and last winter my shed was snowed in, but hopefully it wont be so cold this winter and I can get some done.

4.  I want to get back to doing some more cross stitch.  I used to do lots but now I am too busy or just a little lazy and haven't done it in a while and I have enough patterns to do everyday for the rest of my life so I best get started.

I left them pretty open so that if all goes wrong they have lots of room to change them and if it don't all go the way I want that's okay, there's always next year.

5 comments:

Country Gal said...

I think we all want to do things.I have been ill for quite some time and now we partially know what it is ,right now I am taking one day at a time . I just want to get my health back on track first then worry about all the other want to do's after ! Hope you have fun as you do all your want to do's . Have a great day !

5 Starr's Farm said...

Happy New Year Crystal,Sounds like some pretty reasonable goals to me. I have all kinds of list.............

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Man ! If we were all closer we would have an all star team! Lots of us wanting to get healthy this year! I am trying to balance things in my diet , I don't have a swet tooth , but I do love carbs and buttery stuff, so I am reducing that while increasing all the veggies I can think of , and while I am never going to be a vegetarian I am tryin a few meatless meals while hubby is away

Linda said...

Ditto what Sherry said........an ALL STAR team!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

You sound like me, interested in 4H... horses, health, home improvements and hobbies. I have so many unfinished needlework projects.