Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Heritage Park-- The Train

My favorite part of Heritage Park is the train that goes around the park.  I love it, mostly the only reason I would like to go to the park is to ride the train.

We took the train last thing we did and afterwards me and Neil stood at the windmill waiting and waiting for the train to come around the corner so I could get a picture of it.

 I love the steam it looks so neat while they are driving and then they stop and the steam comes out from underneath.  There are only three stops on the train, which is weird cause I thought there was four when I was a kid, but I can't see where the other one would have been.

And of course they have old cars that we could look in and some of the rooms are pretty plain

And some are pretty nice, sure wouldn't mind spending a week in some of these rooms.

This one train had a shower and in the shower there was a toilet, thought that was kinda weird but I guess it doesn't matter if the toilet get wet.


Its so neat to see the different way people traveled back then.  When I was younger my great grandparents took me and my sister on the train to Vancouver.  We had so much fun but when i think back, I sure can't imagine them doing that!  It woulda been a lot of work watching us and following us around.

3 comments:

Country Gal said...

Awesome photos. I love steam trains looks like fun. Have a great eve.

Janice said...

Looks like a cool place to go, kind of like our Fort Steele.I love the shot of the train coming araound the corner. The boat is neat too. I really liked your snow capped mountains....other than the reminder that winter is not far off.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

My LQ Horse trailer has the toilet in the shower too. LOL

I always wanted to take Megan on the 1880 train in the Black Hills. So sad we lived there all that time and never did that.