Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Stills -- First Signs of Fall

This week Sunday Stills is fall.  Whatever reminds us of fall.  Well of course there is the usual green grass turning brown, but that can happen and usually does around here in July or August, way before it should be fall.

And of course there is the leaves turning yellow and falling off, which in our yard we still have lots of green leaves and some yellow and not very many have fallen so far.  So much so I had to go to Dorothy where the leaves are actually changing color.

But what really reminds me of fall is the fact we are getting less sunlight.  Sure makes me sad when it used to be light till long after 10:00 and now it is pitch black by 8:00.  Makes me kinda sad I miss all the daylight in the winter.

11 comments:

2browndawgs said...

The thing I dislike most about Fall is shorter days. But your pictures are beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

I too miss the long days of summer, but I'm happy to see the cooler weather. I love the color of grasses in the Fall. We have fields of Switch grass growing here. :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Darker and cooler, some evenings are really snappy now , yet the day will have been so warm

Shirley said...

The early nights are the only thing bad about fall. Well, except maybe thinking about all the work that has to be done before winter!

Firas said...

I can feel the silence in your fall photos! Good ones...

Ebie said...

Yes, the early morning fog and the shorter days, are a few signs.

In SoCal, we always have the leaves and weeds turning brown in the late summer.

The landscape is beautiful!

Linda said...

I love seeing the Red Deer RIver this time of year and actually think I'll take my camera along when we go pick up our beef this week.

Country Gal said...

I do like the fall just not the lack of daylight ! Lovely photos. Have a good eve.

Anonymous said...

yeh am with Firas, there is indeed a silence in all the photos. great one. :)

aurora said...

Nice photo's, and representation of what really reminds you of Fall.

Just Ramblin' said...

Love your photos.