Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Back To Riding

Well for the last two weeks its been busy and I haven't had a chance to ride, its been awful, so yesterday I took my ponies back over to Jardi's and went riding. I rode Bailey out n the trail with Lu and we walk on the summer fallow fields because there is very few bugs out there (not like everywhere else!)
At the edge of the field, some four or six feet have caved away because of too much rain, and when you come at it from the one direction, of course the one we were coming from, it looks like a big black hole. Well Bailey seen it and was looking, and she doesn't usually spook, so I wasn't too worried, then all the sudden she jumped backwards and spun away from it. Wow, its a good thing she has a good mane, cause I was not expecting that! I landed laying on her mane which never bothered her and she was fine as long as she didn't see the "horse eating hole" Well I got organized and we went back to the hole, she sure looked a long time at it, then we walked around it, and all the sudden it was all good, from the other side you could see the stubble fallen down. she just ignored it after that.
The rest of the ride was uneventful, I'm sure glad that doesn't bother her for a long time, once shes scared and figures it out, shes back to her normal self. We even trotted for a while out there, nice flat area to work.
On the way home, we saw a young coyote eating something, he didn't really know if he should run from us, or just keep eating, so I got some cute pics of him.

I also rode Dinero and he could not focus, its been a couple weeks and he was having separation anxiety from Bailey. I made him work anyways, we trotted for a long time always changing direction, and he was getting tired and then he started listening to what I wanted so we quit. It was only about 20 minutes, but he was tired and sweaty and he improved, so I took him out and hosed him off and let him graze till he was dry, then I left the two of them there in hopes I can get over there lots in the next couple weeks.
Jardi called me and said to grab my camera and get a picture of the moose feeding in the slough, so I did and we walk over there and the horse named Moose and Cisco were standing belly deep in the water eating the tops of the rice plants, haha, by the time I got organized, Moose was leaving and only Cisco was eating.

7 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like a nice ride other than the horse eating hole! .ANd that is one handsome moose!

Shirley said...

Funny thing about them holes..I bet that moose is broke to ride!

Linda said...

Good lookin' moose!

Beth said...

Your area of the country looks so beautiful! What is it about horses in water that looks so peaceful?

BridgeEtta said...

Dinero looks good, way more grown up lately.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I love to see horses that are happy in water.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Funny pic of the horses belly deep in water. I want to do that with Apache.
And good for you being able to sit a spook spin. eeek! Darn holes...sily horses. lol!

Sounds like a great day riding horses...well deserved, too.

~Lisa