Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Swinging Bridge


I also stopped at the Swinging Bridge at Rosedale when I got the river pictures.  I don't really like swinging bridges and the last time I was at this one it was on my birthday and was super cold and windy. 

But I know its a big tourist attraction and I know it was silly to be afraid of it, so I thought I would just go on a nice say and walk across it and be done with it.

Well I got there and the weather was really nice and there was  a couple just leaving when I got there, so that was nice I could do whatever I wanted and if I chickened out it wouldn't be so bad. 

But when I got there it somehow wasn't as bad as I had imagined, I took some pictures, walked across and even got some pics from the middle. 

It is kinda a cool bridge.  But I still can't imagine walking across it everyday to go to work in the mine on the other side. 

It was in operation from 1931 to 1957.

6 comments:

lisa said...

Very cool! If I ever get out in the area, I will have to look it up. That would be awesome to do and take pictures of!

Shirley said...

It gives a funny feeling when what you are walking on moves beneath you. That's a pretty cool old bridge; I wonder what they had on the sides back in the day.

Country Gal said...

Awesome photos. I went on a swinging bridge when I was up north here it was simular to this one on your post. Have a wonderful eve.

Linda said...

I love that bridge.....I really love it when it shimmies and swings when Esther is in the middle.......she gets this funny green color......;)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I would be that funny green color Linda mentioned! I walked acroos one in Mexico, still felt woozy 3 blocks later!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Very cool! I would love to walk across it, too! I've been on quite a few suspension bridges over the years, but they tend to be over more shallow water. That one looks to have some deep water underneath it.
Adds a while 'nother bit of excitement to the experience I bet :)

~Lisa