Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feb 2, 2010

I went to see my ponies again today and we had good rides on both.

Razz I rose western again and she is still stiff when turning left, but I think it's her teeth again. By the end of the lesson, she is way softer, I think I just have to do more softening exercises without pulling on her too much. I have been bumping when she doesn't give and it seems to work better than just holding it there and waiting for her.

I rode English on Princess and I am finally starting to feel comfortable sitting in it. I actually loped for a round before I had to slow down before I lost position. She was really good though. She is really bad for wanting to stop when we walk, so I would trot, slow down to a walk and she would decide to stop after like 5 steps, so I asked her to trot some more, after about 20 minutes of trotting I had to stop cause I needed a break, and she was finally figuring out when I wanted her to walk, I actually meant to walk! It was fun.

Both horses also got trimmed today and I was a little worried about their feet being sore, but neither one seemed that way, so that's always good to know. Razz has been nervous about her feet, but she was really good today, helps we have an excellent farrier.

I started painting out basement yesterday and its finally looking like a room down there, instead of a storage facility. I will take pics after the second coat.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like it was a busy, but very successful day on all accounts. It's great to have some of those special breakthroughs, too. :)

~Lisa