Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Family Reunion

Last Saturday was the Lyster Family Reunion. This is Neils Moms family. Most of them we don't really know, and only see once a year. But this year, Neils moms sister and two of her kids come (Neils cousins) and so that was kinda fun cause they live in Grimshaw/Peace River and we don't get to see them very often.

We only went for one day because we are trying to hay, but I'm glad we did go, it was more fun than I thought it would be.

It rained all day, but they had rented a hall and everyone camped outside the hall, so we all sat inside and visited and played games and stuff all day. They had a quilt up for raffle and Neils Mom won it, that was good, cause she really wanted it.

There were some games I never heard of before, but it looked easy till we saw people playing it. There was a stand with three bars going across it and you threw two balls connected by a cord and they had to catch on one of the three bars.

Someone made a tablecloth/wall hanging that everyone signed and then got their picture in front of it. I think they auctioned it off to raise money for the next reunion in 2012.

2 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like a fun time.I love family reunions

BridgeEtta said...

Congradulate Neil's mom on winning the quilt. It's really nice. I'm glad she got it. Looks like a fun family.