Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dickson Dam







On our way home from the family reunion, we took a detour route that took us over the Dickson Dam. I had heard about it before but never seen it, so since it was sorta on the way home, we drove over it. Neils cousin Terry works for transportation and he is the one who suggested this.

The lake they back up is called Glennifer lake Who knows where that name came from?) but it looks like a nice camping spot.

The Red Deer River really isn't that big a river, but I was still surprised how small the dam really was. Not sure it was much bigger than Carolside, although looks more impressive.


They weren't letting much water down, looks like the gates were only open about an inch, bet it would be really loud and cool looking if they were letting out lots of water.


We wondered if they generated power there, but couldn't see any lines, but still not sure.

4 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Man I have to get out more ! I have never seen it either.Thanks for sharing

Crystal said...

ya, we may not get a real vacation this year, so we been taking them one day here and there on the way to other places we are going.

Linda said...

That's one dam I'd like to tour through. We went to the Tiber dam a long time ago and it was cool.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like a neat place to visit. I would have enjoyed seeing the water rushing out, too.
Cool pics.

~Lisa