Feel free to use any pictures you would like from my blog, but I would like recognition please!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

I stayed over at my sisters cause its way too long a day to go ot the stampede and drive two hours home in the same day, so yesterday on my way home i stopped in Drum and picked up a few things then went and seen my little Dinero. I havent rode him in a while because it has been raining so much and everything is just mud, so I figured I would get a chance.

Well I got there and Lu was there, so first I went out with her on Dot. The horseflies are something terrible out there. We walked on the lease roads cause the arena was wet and so were the stubble fields. The road ended and we decided to just ride in the grass between the crops, not thinking about the bugs. Its weird, there were a few mosquitos in the grass, but no horseflies. It was a nice change and I think the horses appreciated it too. On the way home, we thought we should take some pictures of each of us.




Oh and the lillies in my yard are blooming again, I forget how beautiful they are till I see them bloom again.

And I seen some Antelopes in the ditch the other day as well.

6 comments:

BridgeEtta said...

So that's the 'hat' I've been hearing about, very practical. Great shot of the pronghorns. We found one dead on the road north of the house yesterday. I think a vehicle must have hit it. Boy! I love those lilies of yours

Shirley said...

Beautiful lilies! Hey what is the hatbrim made of? I see she uses a nose mask on her horse; some horses sure can go crazy with those little gnats in their noses.

Crystal said...

Its just a gardeners hat she cuts the top out of and ties it to her helmet. And its not a nose mask, cause the flies can still get in, its pretty open on the sides, its to stop Sandy from eating, he was a trail horse and will pull you out of the saddle to graze if he doesnt wear that.

Linda said...

I might be sneaking a piece of that lily....it's beautiful.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! SO green there! I'm glad you were able to ride. I've not ridden since the horse camping trip. It's been so hot and dry....I'm a wuss and just hide in the shade and indoors with lots of cool drinks. The lilys are beautful!
And I love it when we see pronghorns. What a treat for you!

~Lisa

Cheyenne said...

I love the lilies...